23/02/2016

Crosley curiser review

A couple of months ago I decided it was finally time to buy myself a vinyl player, I have always wanted one and fell in love with Crosleys aesthetically pleasing design.

First things first, the techy bits.
I have the Crosley cruiser three speed portable turntable in a light blue, this particular model includes:
  • Three speeds (33, 45 and 78 rpm)
  • Stereo speakers 
  • RCA output
  • headphone jack   









I've had my Crosley a while now and love the ability to play vinyls, the way they sound is amazing and I would definitely recommend getting your hands on a vinyl player if you're a bit of a music geek like myself. However there's a few niggly bits with my Crosley that I thought were worth pointing out if you are interested in buying this particular one. Firstly, as you can see on the last picture, 33" records (which are typically the size of modern vinyls now) don't really fit on. The edge hangs off making the first song or two on the vinyl a bit jumpy if you're not as still as a plastic garden gnome. You get my jist? You're not able to close the lid on the player when you have a record playing which is a bit annoying and the volume doesn't go up that high either, but you do have the option of buying some speakers to link up to it, which I intend to do. 

It's a pretty little thing that fits into your decor and looks great. It enables you to play awesome music which sounds pretty good. I love mine. Despite some teeny issues I've played stuff on it almost every day. I'd say for a beginner its amazing, it helps you ease into the world of vinyl without spending a bomb. 

I can't wait to buy a record player for every room now. Gramophone? Yes please.

Freja x

I might do a vinyl collection if anyone is interested, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment